Thursday, May 22, 2008

What is your Passion?

Such a simple question, but not always such a simple answer. A few years ago my hair stylist asked me "what is your passion?" I was stumped. I'd never been asked that before nor had I even thought about that before so I didn't have an answer for her. I've thought about that question quite frequently since that day and I have changed many things in my life as I learn to live more in the moment rather than just going through the motions. I wanted to find what truly made me happy and follow that path wherever it took me. I did this for many reasons, one of which is that I didn't want to change stylists so I didn't want to go back for a haircut and still be passionless!


One passion I've always had, but didn't recognize it as such, is my love of animals and my desire to help end cruelty, neglect and homelessness for them. This realization was the inspiration behind our Etsy shop. My mom feels the same way about animals as I do and we were looking for ways to help animal causes after hearing horrible stories in the news last summer about animal cruelty. We love making jewelry so the combination of being able to indulge our creative side while helping animals was a perfect match. We can honestly say we are passionate about what we do and feel fortunate to be able to do our part to make this world a better place for animals.

In case you haven't been asked in awhile, ask yourself periodically "what is my passion?" You may already know your passions and incorporate them in your daily life and if so, that's fantastic! For others, it will lead to soul searching and a desire to find out what truly makes you happy. It may be quite a journey, as I am finding out firsthand, but it's worth it to live your life with passion!

1 comment:

Bluebird Crafts and Collectibles said...

Beadedtail I have the same passion...animals have no voice...I have a big mouth; therefore, I'm a voice for animals. I love them all...it is hard not too :)